MAC Eye Shadow X 9 | Burgundy Times Nine

I was so excited to see these eyeshadow palettes that have been newly released from Mac. The  Mac Eyeshadow x 9   comprises of four pal...


I was so excited to see these eyeshadow palettes that have been newly released from Mac. The Mac Eyeshadow x 9 comprises of four palettes in different color ways from the Eyes on Mac Collection. The one that I bought is Burgundy Times Nine, a palette of burgundy hues, but it is also available in Amber, Purple and Navy.

Being impulsive and not reading the information correctly, I assumed that it contained nine full sized pans, but they are actually miniature pans so these nine shadows fit in the same sized palette as four regular pans.  Nevertheless, is great value to be able to try out a variety of shades in a particular color way. It is the perfect size for travel too, am I the only one that hates lugging around huge palettes?


The Burgundy Times Nine Palette contains the shades Honey Lust, Poppyseed, Quarry, Antiqued, Embark, Noir, Haux, Star Violet and Sketch. I chose this palette as half of the shades included are ones that have been on my wish list for ages, so this was the perfect palette to be able to try them all out at last. Burgundy toned shadows are also great for green eyed girls like myself as they really make them stand out. There are a mixture of light and dark shadows as well as shimmery, matte and satin shadows all of which compliment each other, so it is really easy to create a number of different looks with this palette. 

I have only had this palette for a couple of days now, but am already in love with this collection of shades, it really is a winner for any an occasion. Mac eyeshadows are just the best too, they are my fail safe brand that I can always rely on for great pigmentation, ability to blend easily and longevity.

I am so happy that I got my hands on this palette, I think it was the selection of shades that was missing from my collection. Although now I am seriously lusting after the Amber Times Nine Palette, so think it is only a matter of time before I cave, it looks like the perfect palette for summer!



You Might Also Like

2 comments