{New} Clarins Joli Rouge Lipsticks

When Clarins announced that they were revamping their iconic Joli Rouge Lipstick range, I was excited to try the new formulation as I ...




When Clarins announced that they were revamping their iconic Joli Rouge Lipstick range, I was excited to try the new formulation as I already own three shades from the original line up and I love them so I was intrigued to see how the new formulation would compare. Not only have Clarins reformulated the lipsticks, they’ve also revamped the packaging as well as adding 25 new shades which is pretty exciting. Even though Clarins have relaunched their Joli Rouge Lipstick range with an improved formula, the price hasn’t changed (yet) which I love, and they retail for £19.50 on the Clarins website or on counter.
Packaging wise, the Clarins Joli Rouge Lipsticks used to be packaged within an oval shaped silver casing which was pretty weighty (you can see the old packaging here). The packaging is now much sleeker, with the casing being slimmed down and are now slim cylinders which are much easier to store than the previous oval shape. Clarins have done away with with the silver, and have plumped for gold which makes sense as they use gold packaging for the majority of their eyeshadow quads, blushes and powders. The packaging still feels weighty, and the inside of the tube is red as well as the base which fits the Joli Rouge name perfectly.
The lipstick bullets have the same shape as the original Clarins Joli Rouge Lipstick formula, with a slightly curved tip which hugs the contours of your lips perfectly and allows for a super precise application. The formula is extremely smooth and creamy, and they really do remind me of a lip butter than a lipstick as they’re so effortless to apply. They glide across the lips, and you can choose to wear them sheerly or you build up the colour with an extra swipe or two depending on your preference.

The formula is enriched with organic Salicornia extract and mango oil, and claim to intensely moisturise the lips for six hours whilst providing suppleness and comfort. Just like the original formula, the new Clarins Joli Rouge Lipsticks have a delicious mango scent. Due to the balminess of the lipsticks, they’re not the most long wearing but they last for around two hours which I think is pretty good for a lipstick with a formula as creamy as these. They really do leave my lips feeling soft and smooth once the colour has worn away, and I think they’ll be my lipsticks of choice come Winter when my lips are in dire need of moisture.
The 25 shade line up is seriously amazing, and there is a shade to suit absolutely everyone. I particularly love that the range includes so many wearable pinks and nudes, as they’re my favourite types of shades to wear. I have three of the shades, and I’m already lusting after further shades as they’re just beautiful. The three shades I have are; 707 Petal Pink, 750 Petal Pink and 752 Rosewood.
Petal Pink is a medium pink shade, and it has the glossiest finish from the three shades. All of the Joli Rouge Lipsticks are very glossy and balm-like on the lips, but Petal Pink is definitely the one with the most shine from the shades I’ve tried. Lilac Pink is my favourite shade, and has become my new favourite replacing MAC’s Creme Cup as my go-to pinky nude. It’s the most gorgeous pinky nude, but it does have a subtle lilac tone to it which looks so incredibly flattering against my pale skin tone – I absolutely love it. Rosewood has a very subtle shimmer within the bullet, but you can’t detect the shimmer once on the lips.. it just looks shiny which I prefer, as I’m not a fan of shimmery lipsticks. Shade wise, Rosewood is a rosy pink, and it is the most pigmented from the three shades that I own. If you like comfortable, hydrating lipsticks, you really must give the new Clarins Joli Rouge Lipsticks a try as they tick all of the boxes and more…



You Might Also Like

0 comments