NYX THE SKINNY MASCARA

When it comes to mascara, I always feel that I’m left underwhelmed by the most hyped mascaras which is exactly what happened with the...



When it comes to mascara, I always feel that I’m left underwhelmed by the most hyped mascaras which is exactly what happened with the massively popular MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash Mascara; I’d read endless rave reviews on it and when I tried it for myself, I really wasn’t as impressed as I thought I would be. Whilst perusing the Feelunique website, I spotted the NYX The Skinny Mascara and it really caught my eye as it’s so unlike any other mascara I’ve tried so I added it into my basket and figured it was worth a try, especially as it’s only £6.50 which is pretty great value. NYX describe their The Skinny Mascara as being perfect for coating heard to reach lashes from root to tip, with a water resistant formula which particularly appealed to me as my lower lashes always seem to smudge so I’m consciously checking throughout the day to make sure the mascara on my lower lashes hasn’t smudged or crumbled all over my face.

From what I can gather, the NYX The Skinny Mascara is only available in black but that’s ideal for me as I much prefer black mascara over brown as my lashes are practically black anyway. The brush on the mascara is so strange in that it’s long and very narrow without any tapering like typical mascara brushes so I thought it would be amazing for the lower lashline and I’d hoped it’d be less messy too as I always end up coating my under eyes in mascara when applying to my lower lashes as they’re such short lashes.



I’ve seen reviews where people rave about using the NYX The Skinny Mascara on their upper lashes, but I think it would possibly work best for those who are already gifted in the lash department as my pathetic stumpy upper lashes don’t work well with a wand like this as it just ends up coating them in product without a curl, or any volume. On my lower lashes however, it performs considerably better and has replaced all of my other lower lash mascara options as it does a great job of catching every single tiny lash without making a mess which is a massive bonus. The formula is definitely smudge proof, and it doesn’t crumble or flake during the day but I wouldn’t describe it as being water resistant as it smudged when I got caught in the rain but the fact it doesn’t smudge or crumble throughout the day makes it a definite winner. I can’t believe this mascara is only £6.50; it’s such great value, especially if I’m only using it on my lower lashes every day.. I imagine this 6ml tube will last me ages, as I’m already six weeks in and the formula is identical to how it was when it was new so I’d really recommend giving it a try if you’re in the market for a fantastic bottom lash mascara regardless of budget.

Buy your's today at Boots.com or in-store

You Might Also Like

0 comments