MAC - Velvet Teddy // Review

So Velvet Teddy is pink toned nude matte lipstick with a slight brown hint to it. This lipstick holds the definition of 'your lips...



So Velvet Teddy is pink toned nude matte lipstick with a slight brown hint to it. This lipstick holds the definition of 'your lips but better'. It lasts pretty well on the lips thanks to the matte finish, and is really the perfect nude lipstick. It's great for winter, as it doesn't have any peachy tones in it. It may be a little dark on paler skin tones, I prefer it on me when I'm more tanned rather than my pale days. I usually line my lips first with a  nude lipliner such as Rimmel's East End Snob and then fill in Velvet Teddy. To get the Jenner look, obviously paired with killer contouring and lots of lashes.

I would say, you probably don't need this lipstick in your collection, as there are many similar nudes out there. One that comes to mind is Soap & Glory's Supernude which I already have in my collection.


Overall I do like Velvet Teddy. The shade is a nice subtle nude and the matte finish helps achieve the ‘Kylie Jenner’ look. The colour can be worn for a minimal look during the day or paired with dramatic eye makeup for the night. So… is it worth the hype? I find this difficult to answer because it is a lovely shade that is a great addition to any nude-lover’s collection, but I guess it just didn’t WOW me as much as I expected.

Social Links


You Might Also Like

0 comments