Chocolate Cookies // Recipies

As I finished YR11 over a month ago, I have had a lot more time on my hands and tried to do more things that I never do. One of these thing...

As I finished YR11 over a month ago, I have had a lot more time on my hands and tried to do more things that I never do. One of these things is baking. The recipe I'm about to share with you is my perfected chunky chocolate cookies! - They are just THE BEST COOKIES EVER!
 
 

To make 10 (rather large) cookies you will need: 

 
200g butter
300g caster sugar 
1 large egg
275g self-raising flour
75g cocoa powder
a little dash of milk 
a large bar of  [any kind] chocolate ( I also use chocolate buttons as well ) 
Sometimes I add Daim bars instead of choc for a yummy toffee crunch!

Method:


Pop your oven on to 200 degrees celsius 
Cream together your butter and sugar 
Crack in your egg
Stir in all the dry ingredients
Add a dash of milk if your mixture is looking dry
Break up all of your chocolate and throw it in, using your hands to get it into the dough
Line 2 trays with baking paper (the cookies will spread in the oven so don't place them close together)
Pick up a 10 small handfuls of cookie dough and place them onto your trays
Pop them into the oven for 11 minutes - I have found this to be the perfect baking time.
 
When you get them out they will not look cooked, it is vital you know this, as it will be very tempting to leave them in for longer and then they'll be hard and overcooked once they are cool. Just take your cookies out after 11 minutes and leave them to cool for about 30 minutes.
 
Now enjoy a deliciously warm, melt in your mouth cookie.
 
Hope you enjoyed this different type of post I would normally write. If you enjoyed this, leave me suggestions of posts you would like to see in the comments.

You Might Also Like

0 comments